We represent both employers and employees in a wide variety of employment law matters.
Our practice includes litigating claims in federal and state courts, as well as claims before administrative agencies, such as the EEOC and New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions.
Our litigation experience includes the following types of claims:
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Implied Contracts based on employee handbooks, policies, etc.
- Race, Sex and other discrimination under Title VII and the New Mexico Human Rights Act
- Disability Accommodation and Discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504, and the New Mexico Human Rights Act
- New Mexico Whistleblower Protect Act
- Wage and Hour/Fair Labor Standards Act
- Retaliatory Termination
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Religion in the workplace
- Termination and grievance proceedings
- Reductions in Force
We also provide legal counsel relating to the drafting of employee handbooks, policies and procedures.